ACR At-Large Director
Mary Steffel, Northeastern University
Please consider voting for me for 2023 At-Large Director for the ACR Board. It would be my honor to serve you all in this capacity!
I have been a member of ACR since 2009. I am an associate professor of marketing and Joseph G. Riesman Research Professor at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business and affiliated faculty at the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs at Northeastern University.
I have served in leadership roles for several organizations, conferences, and journals in our field:
- For ACR, I have served as a reviewer, presenter, and session chair, and I currently serve on the ERB for JCR.
- For SCP, I have served as a co-social chair for the 60th anniversary conference, co-chair of the inaugural sponsorship/fundraising committee, co-chair of the SCP track at AMA, policy chair, conference program committee, conference reviewer, and reviewer for JCP.
- For SPSP, I have served as co-chair of the judgment and decision making preconference.
- For SJDM, I have served on the planning committee for the women in judgment and decision making networking event.
- For MSI, I have served as a reviewer for the MSI dissertation award.
- I also currently serve on the ERB for JMR.
My research explores when consumers call upon others to help them make decisions, how consumers navigate making decisions for others, and how businesses and governments can support consumers in making better decisions. My research has been published in leading outlets in marketing and psychology, including the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
I have served on the White House Social and Behavioral Sciences Team under President Barack Obama and currently serve as an academic affiliate on the Office of Evaluation Sciences at the General Services Administration, where I have worked to bridge the gap between theory and practice and demonstrate how an understanding of consumer insights can be applied to solve society’s most pressing challenges.
I hold both a Ph.D. in marketing from the University of Florida and a Ph.D. in psychology from Princeton University as well as a B.A. in psychology from Columbia University.
For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my web site at www.marysteffel.com.
Thank you for your consideration!
- Charity and Gift Giving
- Preference and Choice
- Public Policy/Social Issues
- Transformative Consumer Research
- Judgment and Decision Making
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
The At-Large Directors participate in and vote on all matters put to the ACR Board of Directors and attend the annual Board of Directors meeting held at the North American conference. Responsibilities include voting, budgets, recommendations to the Board, and evaluating grants and donations.