Submission deadline: April 30, 2021 (11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time)
Submissions detailing ongoing research on substantive, theoretical, or methodological issues in consumer research are sought for the Working Paper sessions. This session provides the opportunity to present preliminary results and receive feedback and ideas from session attendees.
Submission: Working Paper submissions must include:
1. Title, authors’ names and affiliations.
2. A 50-word abstract. This abstract will appear in the conference program and should summarize the paper’s contribution(s).
3. An extended abstract (750 to 1000-words) plus selected references, single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman, with 1-inch margins. Word limits will be strictly enforced.
4. The extended abstract should provide a summary of the research, including the conceptual framework, relevant prior literature, description of the method, data, results, and conclusions. The extended abstract may also contain either one table or one figure. Do not submit a full-length paper in this category; we will only review extended abstracts.
ACR reserves the right to run the submission through anti-plagiarism software.
Reviewing will be blind. Reviewers will evaluate each submission on the basis of a) quality of the research; b) contribution to the field of consumer research; c) interest of the topic to ACR members; and d) coherence and readability. Please adhere to high standards of spelling and grammar and consider having a copyeditor or a native English speaker review the abstract prior to submission.
Working papers will be presented in a live forum, organized by topic areas.
Authors are expected to:
1. Prepare a poster for display *OR* 5 slides to present during the session (detailed guidelines will be included in the acceptance notification).
2. Have at least one author available to present their work to session attendees.
3. Prepare a 3-minute talk summarizing the working paper.
Please direct any further questions about the Working Papers to the co-chairs, Liat Levontin (email@example.com), Rima Touré-Tillery (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Echo Wen Wan (email@example.com). Please include “ACR WORKING PAPERS” in the subject line.