1st Ever Virtual ACR Conference Events at a Glance
Thursday, October 1.
- We invite doctoral students to join us for a live 3-hour event (12-3 pm US EDT), in which they will learn firsthand from faculty and engage in a student-only activity. Inspired by the movie “Midnight in Paris,” we will leverage the collective wisdom of different academic mentors who have previously traveled this consumer research road and ask them: “If you could go back in time, what would you do the same and what would you do differently?” In the first one-hour panel, faculty mentors will revisit their doctoral programs. In the second one-hour panel, faculty mentors will revisit their first year as an assistant professor. Faculty mentors will reflect on and share both what worked and what did not. In between these panels, there will be a one-hour interactive student-only session hosted by the co-chairs, involving some friendly competition (think: teams, games, and prizes) and building community.please contact Lisa Cavanaugh (email@example.com) or Andrea Morales (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Early Career Workshop Panels – We invite scholars early in their careers to hear from senior scholars about important career development issues, including managing your career, the tenure process, and other questions attendees raise. There will be two sets of panels: 9-11 a.m. US EDT & 8-10 p.m. US EDT – each set will include two one-hour interactive panels with three senior scholars on each panel. After a brief presentation from each panelist, there will be interactive Q&A. Questions will be solicited in advance, as well as accepted during the sessions. Join one or more interactive panel sessions for a stimulating discussion. For more information about the workshop, please contact Brent McFerran (email@example.com) or Karen Winterich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|9-10 a.m.: Giana Eckhardt, Vicki Morwitz, and Koert van Ittersum|
|10-11 a.m.: Zeynep Arsel, Martin Schreier, and Tiffany White|
|8-9 p.m.: Debbie MacInnis, Sharon Ng, and Ekant Veer|
|9-10 p.m.: Elizabeth Cowley, Gerald Häubl, and Yuwei Jiang|
- Opening Reception - There will be three of these: one at 7:00 p.m. Sydney time, one at 7:00 p.m. Paris time, and one at 7:00 p.m. New York time. These receptions will be designed to facilitate the socializing needs of the majority of our members. Attendees are welcome to attend any, or all (if you are so inclined!), of the receptions. There will be more details regarding the structure of the receptions closer to the conference.
Friday, October 2:
- Newcomers' Meet & Greet -- We would like to invite 1st-time ACR attendees to join us and our Program Committee to welcome you to the ACR community -- this will be held at 9:30 a.m. US EDT.
- Presidential Address -- We would like to invite the entire ACR community to hear Eileen Fischer's Presidential Address, starting at 10:00 a.m. US EDT (although this will be taped and available at any time, we are highlighting Eileen’s address at this time slot between the Newcomers’ Meet & Greet and the Awards Ceremony/Business Meeting).
- Awards Ceremony & Brief Business Meeting – The Awards Ceremony and a very brief Business Meeting with important information about ACR 2021 is scheduled from 10:30-11:30 a.m. US EDT.
- Knowledge Forums – Friday’s knowledge forums are scheduled from Noon-1:15 p.m. US EDT.
- Happy Hour Receptions -- These will follow the same format/timing as described for Thursday (7 p.m. Sydney; 7 p.m. Paris; 7 p.m. New York), with a fun activity planned at the beginning to set the Happy Hour mood!
Saturday, October 3rd:
- Knowledge Forums – Saturday’s knowledge forums will be divided between two-time slots: 9:30-10:45 US EDT *and* 11:00-12:15 US EDT, to accommodate overlap in forum membership.
- Saturday Night Gala -- No, this won't be what we had originally planned for Paris, but we hope folks will want to log in at the same times for a reception to meet up with old and new friends to say Goodbye until ACR 2021 (7 p.m. Sydney; 7 p.m. Paris; 7 p.m. New York)!