Early Career Workshop: Embarking on a Successful Career and Navigating Pre-Tenure Challenges
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Co-Chairs: Luca Cian (University of Virginia), Nailya Ordabayeva (Dartmouth College), and Alison Xu (University of Minnesota)
This workshop is designed for scholars who are at the pre-tenure stages of their academic career. The workshop will offer insights on how to navigate pre-tenure challenges and set up your early career for long-term success and impact. The workshop will consist of two-panel discussions and break-out sessions.
Panel 1: A panel of mid-career scholars who will share their perspectives
on a variety of important issues such as managing a career in early years and the tenure process.
- Tonya Bradford (University of California – Irvine)
- Keisha Cutright (Duke University)
- Anastasia Ghosh (University of Arizona)
- Peggy Liu (University of Pittsburgh)
- Brent McFerran (Simon Fraser University)
- Neeru Paharia (Arizona State University)
- Stephen Spiller (University of California – Los Angeles)
- Meng Zhu (Johns Hopkins University)
Panel 2: A panel of senior scholars who will share their perspectives on
big-picture issues such as sustaining a career over many years.
- Pierre Chandon (INSEAD)
- Darren Dahl (University of British Columbia)
- Cait Lamberton (University of Pennsylvania)
- Angela Lee (Northwestern University)
- Linda Price (University of Wyoming)
- Bernd Schmitt (Columbia University)
- Norbert Schwarz (University of Southern California)
- Maura Scott (Florida State University)
Breakout sessions: Attendees will participate in two breakout sessions,
each involving personalized discussions with scholars from both panels.
Refreshments will be provided during the workshop.