2016 ACR Conference - Berlin ~ Registration Open ~
A few things to note are:
* The ACR Doctoral Symposium is Thursday, October 27, from 8 am–6 pm, chaired by Cait Lamberton and Hope Schau.
* The ACR Pre-Tenure Workshop is Thursday, October 27 from 4 pm–6 pm, chaired by Deborah Small and Debora Thompson.
* We are continuing the tradition of the Forums Program designed to provide specially curated sessions on topics of interdisciplinary importance by domain experts. In addition to roundtables and workshops, Forums chairs Pierre Chandon, Stijn van Osselaer, and Klaus Wertenbroch have invited luminaries from outside our field to pair up with luminaries from inside our field to provide their perspectives. Anthropologist Daniel Miller from University College London will join Russ Belk to discuss online consumer behavior. Experimental psychologist Charles Spence from Oxford will join Aradhna Krishna to discuss crossmodal sensory research. Decision researcher Gerd Gigerenzer from the Max Planck Institute for Human Development will join Eric Johnson to discuss heuristic decision making. Internet industry analyst and author Larry Downes from Georgetown University will join Donna Hoffman and Tom Novak to discuss the Internet of Things. Finally, social and economic psychologist Anja Achtziger from Zeppelin University and consumer researcher Peter Kenning from the University of Düsseldorf will lead a panel of German officials, consumer researchers, and representatives of NGOs on how consumer research informs consumer policy.
* The Presidential Address, given this year by ACR President Mary Frances Luce, will follow lunch on Friday.
* The Working Paper Reception is Friday, October 28, from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm. More information will be available soon from chairs Francine Petersen and Luk Warlop.
* Joachim and Ana's Excellent Dance Party will take place at the Maritim Hotel from 8:30 pm—midnight on Saturday featuring the band Hitmama. Join hosts Joachim Vosgerau and Ana Valenzuela for the final night of ACR 2016!
Finally, don’t forget to make your hotel reservation:
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you in October!
Page Moreau and Stefano Puntoni
ACR 2016 Co-Chairs